Replacement window installation is a major investment. While the quality of the windows themselves is important, it’s just as critical to have the right installer pit those windows in your home. Improperly installed windows can leak and cause structural damage to your home, not to mention void your warranty and drive up your utility bills. Before you hire a window installer to put new windows in your home, check references. Do your homework to ensure that the installer you’ve hired is skilled and capable of installing the specific windows you purchased.
How Can You Tell a Quality Window Installer?
Good quality window installers offer good customer service, are knowledgeable about their products, and have expertise in their field. You’ll be able to tell when you’re working with a quality window installer because they’ll answer your questions in a timely manner, they’ll be courteous on the phone and in person, and they’ll have a reputation for excellence. This last part is key.
Why Are Window Installer References Important?
It’s hard to tell if an installer does good work unless you can speak to someone who has experience with that installer. Contacting references gives you a chance to talk with someone who has first-hand knowledge of that installer’s skills as a craftsman and practices as a business person.
What Should You Ask When Checking Window Installer References?
Before contacting references for the window installer you’re thinking of hiring, know what questions to ask. Having a list of questions can help ensure the conversation is productive and revealing of the installer’s performance. Ask open-ended questions such as:
- How long ago did this installer perform the work?
- What challenges did this installer encounter during the installation? How did they handle those challenges?
- Were you satisfied with the window installation?
- Would you hire this installer again?
- Would you recommend this installer to others?
- How have the windows performed since their installation?
- Has the installer had to make repairs?
- Was the installation finished within the budgeted time and cost?
- If not, why not?
Hire the Right Installer For the Job. Contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro
Are you seeking a high-quality, reputable window installer for your home? Contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro. All their installers are trained to specifically install Renewal by Andersen windows and their work is covered under your window warranty. You can reach us through our website, or use the toll free number 1-888-826-2451.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!