Planning an exterior renovation on your New Jersey or New York home takes a lot of planning, especially when you’re going to install new replacement windows and siding at the same time. Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro has helped hundreds of homeowners update their homes of the years. And, we’ve learned that well-informed, well-prepared homeowners are happier with the final results, than those who rush to make a decision.
Here are a few tips to help you get ready for your big make-over.
#1. Choose Your Replacement Window Brand Carefully
Before considering replacement window styles, accessories and energy efficiency ratings, look for a local dealer who has a reputation for putting the customer’s best interests first. The best company will work closely with your siding installation contractor, scheduling replacement window delivery and installation at the optimum time to ensure the whole project stays on time and on budget. Look for a replacement window company with a solid reputation and the skills and expertise you deserve.
#2. Choose Replacement Window Features that Complement Your Architecture
Modern, high-quality replacement windows come is a wide array of styles, so finding something that complements your home’s unique characteristics is easier today than ever before. Custom-crafted replacement windows should look like they were installed during the original construction. The best choice for your home perfectly balances appearance and functionality.
#3. Choose Replacement Windows that Add Value to Your Home
Whether your siding and replacement window investment is primarily to restore your home to its original beauty, or you’re planning to sell your property in the near future, look for replacement windows that promise a healthy return on investment. No honest replacement window dealer will promise you that your new windows with pay for themselves in a couple of years, but cheap, low-quality replacement windows that will prematurely fail will likely devalue your property rather than boost the resale value. Watch your finances, but remember low-budget windows can end up costing you more if you have to replace them a few years down the road.
#4. Choose Replacement Windows with an Exception Warranty Package
In a perfect world, everything works exactly as it was designed and nothing ever goes wrong. In the real world, sometimes unexpected things happen, and when they do, it can end up costing us a lot of money to make things right again. The best replacement windows are those that are backed by an exceptional warranty package that covers those unexpected things.
#5. Choose Replacement Windows Designed Around Your Goals
Which replacement windows you should buy depends on what you expect and need from your home’s windows. For example:
- Low-profile window styles, like sliders and fixed windows, have a larger viewing area than other styles with wider frames.
- Casement windows open wide to usher in a breeze.
- Awning windows have a built-in umbrella, allowing you to open the window during a gentle rain without worrying water will come in.
- All Energy Star certified replacement windows enhance energy performance, but not all glass types provide the same benefits. Some glass choices are specifically designed to reflect sunlight while others enhance solar heat gain during cold weather months to lower heating bills.
Which Replacement Windows Should You Buy if You Plan to Replace Your Siding?
The truth is, choosing replacement windows as part of a project that includes siding replacement is no different from choosing replacement windows for any reason. We invite you to learn more about Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro replacement windows today. Simply fill in the short form on this page or dial 1-888-826-2451.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!