When you’re shopping for replacement windows to install in your home, one of the terms you’ll read about and hear about a lot is “Low-E glass.” Usually found on dual pane windows, this energy efficient glass can improve the thermal efficiency of those windows, but there are many different types of Low-e window glass and some are better than others.
Renewal by Andersen offers multiple types of Low-E4 glazing in its windows. These options provide homeowners like you choices as you’re selecting the right windows for your home. Before you make a decision about window glazing for your home, read the information below. It may help you decide which type of glazing is best for you.
What Low-E4 Window Glass Is
Low-E stands for “low emissivity,” a term that refers to coatings applied to the glass when it’s manufactured in order to effectively block or reflects certain types of light that produce heat. Low-E glass generally lets visible light pass through the glass, while reducing the heat from either escaping your home or entering from outside. This is the genius of low-E glass: it helps your home stay warm in winter and cool in summer.
Different Types of Low-E4 Glass from Renewal by Andersen
Renewal by Andersen offers multiple types of low-E4 glass. The type of glass you choose for your windows should depend on your climate, your local environment and the amount of sunlight that directly shines on your windows. When you contact Renewal by Andersen, you’ll learn more about the different types of glass and which types will perform best in your home.
- High Performance Low-E4 Glass. This unique type of glass is designed to be used where both heating and cooling costs are a concern. Low-E4 glass also blocks up to 84 percent of UV rays to help protect your home’s furnishings from premature fading from sun damage.
- High-Performance Low-E4 Sun Glass. SmartSun glass performs well in cool climates but does best in hot climates. It is specially designed to help homeowners when the extreme temperatures of the sun shine directly on the windows and make it difficult to keep those rooms cool in the summer. SmartSun glass blocks up to 95% of UV rays providing even more protection for your home furnishings.
- High-Performance Low-E4 SmartSun Glass with HeatLock Technology. This special type of Low-E4 glass includes a unique extra glass coating that helps reflect escaping heat back into the room, providing extra protection against escaping heat. This helps keep indoor spaces feel warmer and more comfortable in winter.
Why Renewal by Andersen Windows Are So Efficient
In addition to the innovations that Renewal by Andersen has made in its window glass offerings in the last few decades, Renewal by Andersen windows are made using Fibrex window frames. Fibrex is a composite material that provides excellent insulation values and reduced maintenance compared to natural wood.
Fibrex is a composite wood material made from a combination of resin and wood pulp. It’s engineered to create a tight fit that endures for years.
How Energy Efficient Window Glass Can Help You
Energy efficient Low-E4 window glass benefits homeowners like you in a number of different ways.
- Reduced heating and cooling costs. Energy efficient windows prevent energy leaks that cost you money winter and summer, month-after-month.
- Reduced maintenance. Energy efficient windows don’t require the same burdensome maintenance schedule of older windows. No more annual scraping and painting to protect your windows every year.
- Improved Operability. Older windows are often difficult to open and close easily. This can prevent you from opening your windows are moderate climate days and keep you feeling shut in with your heating and air conditioning running. New windows should slide smoothly and easily, making it more likely you’ll shut off the AC and let some fresh air in on those comfortable days and nights.
- Improved home value. Home buyers value energy efficient innovations and upgrades that will save them money over time. This perceived extra value may assist homeowners hoping to sell their property to sell it faster, and potentially for a higher price, than a home with older, less efficient windows.
Ready to Purchase Energy Efficient Windows from Renewal by Andersen? Contact Us Today
Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro sells windows with a variety of glass options to improve your home’s energy. To get started with your window purchase, call 888-826-2451 or fill in the short form on this page today.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!