Bring Us Your Dreams And We’ll Turn Them Into Possibilities
This Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro replacement window and patio door post is dedicated to people planning a move in the new future.
There’s something magical about buying a new-to-you house, especially if you’re in the market for a fixer-upper ready to be transformed into your dream home. Shopping New Jersey and New York metro neighborhoods for a new place can be both exhilarating exhausting. On the one hand, hidden beneath the flaking paint and fraying carpet resides unlimited possibilities. On the other hand, it can chaotic and stressful.
Every home you consider presents dozens of questions. It is big enough? Too big? Will my family find respite and peace within these walls? Can we welcome guests for intimate dinners and large gatherings? What about the kitchen – can we create happy memories in the cooking space?
Finding that dream house doesn’t have to be stressful when you remember a solid foundation and good “bones”provide you with almost unlimited design possibilities.
Ask Questions Before You Buy
As you wander through a potential house, pause in each room to ask yourself a few essential questions.
The kitchen is a great place to start.
- Is the layout functional? Can it be modified around the crucial kitchen triangle? Everyone who has ever lived with an inefficient cooking space knows how frustrating it is to get even a simple meal on the table when working with a flawed kitchen design.
- Will my dream appliances work in this space? If you want a gas range, you will want to know if the house already has gas lines, and if not, how much it will cost to get them installed. And, if you plan to have a commercial grade refrigerator, wine cabinet or other heavy kitchen appliances you’ll need to ensure the floor is sturdy enough to handle the extra weight.
- What about the windows and exterior doors? Adequate ventilation is another essential in cooking areas, but you don’t have to settle for bland and boring. Would a pair of casement replacement windows over the sink add a touch of charm or elegance? Maybe you would prefer a French-hinged style patio door instead of the existing slider that has seen better days.
- How much time will you have to invest in cleaning? This one may sound silly to some, but unless you plan to gut the whole house and start over, it is an important one. The easiest kitchens to clean usually have minimal tile, smooth counter tops and deep, stainless sinks. Wood strip flooring, or a nonslip laminate alternative are usually less labor intensive and today there are dozens of colors and patterns available.
Modify the above list for each room in a potential home. How much fixing-up will it take to transform this house into a home you’ll love, and are you ready for that investment in both time and money?
In the bathroom, some people prefer windows with crystal clear glass to maximize natural light flow, while others choose patterned glass that allows light to pass through the panel without compromising privacy – and without window treatments to clean. Close your eyes and imagine your family getting ready for work or school – is the room large enough to accommodate the natural traffic patterns?
In the bedroom, check out closet space, flooring and, again, windows. Perhaps simply updating those outdated single-hung windows with tilt-to-clean double-hung options will work.
Bring Renewal by Andersen Your Dreams & We’ll Show You How Replacement Windows& Patio Doors Create Possibilities
The Renewal by Andersen team helps New Jersey and New York Metro homeowners turn their vision into reality with Energy Star certified replacement windows and patio doors. To get started fill in the short form on this page or call 1-888-826-2451to schedule a free, in-home consultation.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement WindowsClick Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!