An old picture window can be a thing of beauty… or a source of endless problems. Old picture windows can have leaks, poor energy efficiency and aesthetic issues that make them less enjoyable to behold and more detrimental for your home’s value. If you’re no longer happy with the way your picture window looks or performs, replacing your picture window with one from Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro can solve these problems for you! Here’s what you can expect when you replace your picture window.
#1. Better Energy Efficiency in New Picture Windows
Window technology has changed a lot in the last several decades. Depending on how old your window is, it could be the source of severe energy leaks in your home. For example, single pane windows were common many decades ago, even though these windows provided little insulation from extreme temperatures outside.
Today, single pane windows are known to be far less energy efficient than modern insulated windows. There are many ways that modern dual pane picture windows provide protection that single pane windows simply can not. Modern picture windows have the following features that help with energy efficiency:
- Dual pane features. Dual pane windows have two panes of glass instead of one, and a space in between panes of glass to provide insulating protection from extreme temperatures outside.
- Energy efficient glass. Modern windows are made from glass that reflects heat back, thus blocking energy transfer from the inside to the outside (and the reverse). Renewal by Andersen windows are made from Low-E4 energy efficient glass.
- Energy efficient building materials. Renewal by Andersen window frames are made with energy efficient Fibrex, a composite material that provides excellent insulation properties and that also resists degradation over time. These windows are made from wood pulp and resin, so they maintain their structural integrity for many years to come.
Even if you have dual pane insulated windows, the technology used to seal the windows is not as advanced as those used by Renewal by Andersen today and you could have issues with seal failure that severely diminishes the energy efficiency of the insulated window panel.
#2. New Window Grille Patterns
Maybe your old picture window has a grille pattern, or maybe it doesn’t. Either way, you get to add or pick a new grille pattern when you install your new windows. Some suggestions:
- Colonial window grille pattern. This pattern is a criss-crossing grid shape that provides visual interest while adhering to a classic style.
- Prairie window grille pattern. The Prairie style grille pattern leaves a large unbroken space in the middle, with grilles around the edges that run parallel to the edges of the window.
- Modified Prairie window grille pattern. Like the Prairie style, the modified Prairie window grille pattern leaves a large unbroken space in the middle, with grilles around the edges that run parallel to the edges of the window, except at the meeting point of two sashes.
- Farmhouse window grill pattern. This patter has grilles only on the upper half of a sash with the bottom half left open for unobstructed views.
- Custom window grille pattern. You don’t have to stick to the standard grille patterns offered by Renewal by Andersen – you can choose your own!
#3. Updated Window Styles
Here’s something that might surprise you: you don’t even have to replace your picture window with another picture window! Imagine installing a bay window or a bow window in the place of your picture window. With a bay or bow window, you could even have room for sitting by the window while you read a book or relax.
#4. Reduced Window Maintenance
Old windows need a lot of extra maintenance. Sometimes they need repairs, other times they need scraping, sanding and painting. When you install new windows from Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro, you shouldn’t have to perform any maintenance on your windows for a very long time – other than standard cleaning.
Ready to Install New Picture Windows? Call Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro Today
Upgrade your home with new picture windows from Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro. Call our toll-free number today at 1-888-826-2451 or fill in the short form on this page and we’ll contact you.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!