Designing the perfect replacement sliding patio door for your New Jersey or New York metro home doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful. Renewal by Andersen has simplified the process from start to finish with our signature service.
Here’s what you need to know to about the difference between custom-designed and built replacement patio doors and the individual elements and accessories.
Standard Sizes vs Custom Sliding Patio Door Solutions
The typical standard off-the-shelf patio door is usually between 6 feet and 7 feet tall. There are also 8 foot and 10 foot tall options for homes with higher ceilings. Width varies, depending on whether you prefer a two-panel or three-panel configuration. Installing a ready-built door may involve additional construction if you want to enlarge (or reduce) the opening, or have an unusual size that doesn’t align with prebuilt selections.
Customized sliding replacement patio doors are built to precisely fit the opening left when we remove your existing entrance door. No additional construction is necessary.
The most common replacement patio door configurations available include one stationary door and one operable panel, two operable panels or a three-panel solution with a fixed center panel and two flanking panels that slide over the center pane.
Alternative configurations are possible in some settings, and homeowners may choose to add side lites or accent windows above the patio door as an aesthetic element. Accent windows may be operable or fixed. Geometric shaped accent windows are available for those who want to add a unique feature or complement other architectural features.
Sliding Patio Door Features
When designing custom patio doors for your home, you have opportunities to choose the features and accessories you want and need to make your home more functional, more comfortable and more beautiful. Plus, modern technology allows you to enhance the energy-efficiency by specifically designing your side or backyard entrance door based on your house orientation to the sun, weather patterns, your lifestyle and the surrounding landscape and structures.
Along with custom sizes, other features include:
- More than 4 dozen interior and exterior color combinations
- Natural pine, maple and oak interiors ready for painting or staining with any color you desire
- Built-in, reach-out locking system, plus optional foot locks for added security
- Dual ball-bearing rollers with self-contained leveling adjuster
- Perma-Shield® sliding patio doors feature wood panels and frame with a vinyl wrap for low-maintenance, long-lasting beauty
- Narroline® sliders have stainable/paintable interiors with mortise-and-tenon joints, and a wood exterior panel protected with factory-applied urethane base finish
- Standard insect screen and optional TruScene insect screens built with ultra-fine mesh that virtually blocks insects, pests, and airborne allergens/contaminants from entering the home through an open door
- Beautiful handles and hardware, including an exclusive line available only through Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro
- Multiple standard grille patterns, plus custom options
- Energy Star certified glass solutions enhance energy efficiency based on the natural surroundings, and provide noise filtering and light control
- Patterned glass for privacy and heat-treated glass for added security available
Design the Perfect Replacement Sliding Patio Doors for New Jersey and New York Today!
With so many choices, it is easy to see that you can design a replacement sliding patio door that perfectly fit your needs. Ready to get started designing the new door for your New Jersey or New York metro home? Simply fill in the short form on this page or dial 1-888-826-2451 to schedule a private, no-obligation consultation with a Renewal by Andersen patio door specialist.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!