You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for information about replacement windows and patio doors in New Jersey and New York Metro. We realize every home in our area has at least one window and one door, but shopping for replacement windows often uncovers more distinctions than similarities. So, while all home windows share some common traits, Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro replacement windows and patio doors aren’t exactly like every other brand.
Insert Replacement Windows vs Other Window Repair Alternatives
A full-replacement window, as the term implies, is designed to fully replace a damaged or poor performing window – frame, glazing, trim, everything. On the other hand, some situations can be remedied with insert windows or by simply replacing a damaged sash or glass panel. Of course, what you remove must be replaced if you want to maintain structural integrity and control your interior temperature and humidity levels.
While replacement windows and patio doors function the same way that a new construction window functions, you have more decorating and style options when you customize your new home improvement products to your home’s environment and architectural features. You also have the option of replacing fixed windows with fully functioning double-hung or casement windows, or vice versa, should you want to increase air circulation or bring in more natural light when you opt for replacement windows over repair alternatives and off-the-shelf solutions.
Deciding When Replacement Windows Are the Best Option
If you’ve recently upgraded your windows to ENERGY-STAR labeled windows and a rock or other projectile breaks a single window pane, repair makes more sense financially. Insert replacement windows are typically less expensive than full-replacement windows. Unless there are other reasons you’re considering replacing your windows, repair is often not a viable option.
If any of the following situations exist, it’s time to consider replacement window options for your New Jersey or Metropolitan New York home.
• Heating and air condition bills are abnormally high, or gradually rising month after month.
• Your home has noticeable drafts and cold spots during winter months.
• Window glass feels more than moderately cold to the touch.
• You have single-pane window styles. Even if they seem structurally sound, single-pane windows don’t compare with double-pane, energy-efficient models and your utility bills will always be higher than absolutely necessary.
• Windows are sticking or hanging, frames are warped and doors are difficult to open and close.
• Latches and/or hinges are rusted or damaged. This may signal moisture infiltration is significant.
• You’re spending more time than you’d like on upkeep and maintenance. Advanced manufacturing techniques and innovative frame material virtually eliminate annual repair and resurfacing. Ask about our Fibrex composite guaranteed not to ever need painting to prevent mold, rot, mildew, peeling or fading.
• If you’re planning to sell your home in the near future, upgrading your windows and patio doors may help you get a higher price for your property, especially if your existing windows are in poor condition or showing signs of aging.
Finding a Replacement Window Partner
It’s important to research both brands and local dealers. When you’re considering an off-the-shelf replacement window, you’ll likely have to hire your own installation contractor. And, it may be necessary to invest time vetting multiple manufacturers to make sure you’re getting accurate information and not just a nudge toward a “house favorite” based on current factory incentives.
Check out Consumer Reports and National Fenestration Ratings Council information about energy-ratings for replacement windows. Your windows are only as good as the installation, that’s why we choose the contractors and offer a full-two year installation warranty that covers parts and labor. If you choose to work with Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro, you won’t have to worry about finding an experienced installation contractor. Our windows are only installed by carefully selected and trained replacement window professionals.
If you’re considering working with another replacement window company, check out online reviews and contact the Better Business Bureau before signing a contract for installation. You could also try Angie’s List, Yodel.com or HomeAdvisor.com, but keep in mind some contractor referral services have an advertiser/recommendation relationship. You want to find non-biased resources to base your decisions upon.
Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro: Mysteries Solved
While we’re confident our replacement windows far outshine the competition, we understand you want to explore options and personally choose the best-fit products for your home. If you still have questions about designing custom-built windows and what makes one replacement product better than the next, we invite you to contact us today to discuss your options. You can fill in the short form on this page to request for more information or give us a call at 1-888-826-2451 to schedule an in-home consultation with a professional window specialist.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!