If this is the first time you will be buying replacement windows – most homeowners will only go through the journey once in their lifetime – you probably have lots of questions. One of the most important things you can do early on during the research phase is find a reputable window dealer in the New Jersey and New York Metro region to assist you. Don’t assume every dealer sells the same “package” or that they all have your best interest in mind.
You can find a replacement window dealer that will respect your time and hard-earned money, and it isn’t as hard as you might think.
Here are a few suggestions to make sure you find a dealer you can trust.
#1. Ask for Recommendations
Whether you ask a friend or family member, check with your social groups, call the Better Business Bureau, or look online, positive recommendations from people you know are usually reliable. You can also read online reviews and check ratings in our area.
#2. Google the Experts
Naturally you want to work with a local team – this eliminates the hassle of coordinating everything with someone from out of state. And, if there is ever a warranty issue, you deserve to be able to reach the people who sold and installed your new windows quickly. Google “New Jersey & New York Metro replacement windows” for a list of licensed dealers in our area. This isn’t the same as a recommendation, but it does let you know if the suggested dealer/brand tends to stay up-to-date on the latest manufacturing processes and technology. Seriously, what modern window dealer doesn’t have a web presence today?
#4. Learn How to Identify Red Flags
Rank your potential dealers based on your research, then schedule a consultation with the dealer at the top of your list. Remember, an in-home-meeting does not obligate you to anything. If you are impressed with the first brand – Great! If not, move on down the list until you find a good match.
A red flag is anything that sounds fishy or makes you doubt the agent’s honesty. A professional replacement window consultant answers your questions completely, guides you, but never tries to push you into buying something that isn’t what you want.
There are a couple of red flags you should listen for during your meetings.
- Replacement window sales are large transactions – usually final. If your window consultant tells you that you can change the frame color, or glass type, later if you find out you made a poor choice, ask if he will put that in writing and get it approved. While a reputable dealer guarantees performance, fit and an exact match to your design specifications, it would be extraordinary for a replacement window brand to offer a “no-questions-asked” return. After all, your existing windows will have been recycled or otherwise disposed of, so it’s not like you could just reinstall the originals. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Beware of the overrun specials offer. It isn’t a bad thing to at least listen to suggestions about style and accessories – after all a window dealer with a couple decades experience has learned from past transactions, both positive and negative. However, if your window consultant tells you the factory is overstocked on double-hung windows that would be a great fit for you and come with a discount, proceed with caution. By design, replacement windows and patio doors are built to exacting measurements and very specific customization details. What are the odds that the factory would have the exact size windows you need with the same grille patterns, glass, and hardware selections? Accept the discounts, but not if it means compromising your vision. Settling for something you aren’t delighted with could mean you aren’t happy with the windows after installation.
How Can the Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Window Team Earn Your Trust?
The decision to upgrade with replacement windows shouldn’t be made hastily. We want to earn your trust. If you’re comparing dealers, fill in the short form on this page or dial 1-888-826-2451 to schedule a private, no-obligation consultation.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!