Replacement Windows are like a yummy holiday dessert. Read on to learn how and to get a free Banana Pudding Cheesecake recipe.
Many people in New Jersey and metropolitan New York host huge family gatherings around the holidays. If you’re not hosting, you’re probably attending one and don’t want to show up empty-handed and bringing an extra dessert is always a welcome addition to a holiday gathering. Planning a holiday menu is what led one of our Renewal by Andersen team members to decide designing replacement windows is similar to baking a mouth-watering dessert worthy of repeating year after year.
Designing Replacement Windows is a Bit Like Creating Culinary Delights
Delicious food doesn’t just happen. It is created. You must start with high quality ingredients, selected for freshness, taste and textures. The best results come from measuring precisely, blending just enough, but not too much, and cooking for a very specific amount of time at the right temperature, using the proper baking dish.
While it may sound strange, designing replacement windows requires the same intentional patterns as baking a beautiful cheesecake.
- In the same way that flour type and quality directly influence a dessert’s taste and texture, high-quality construction materials, like Fibrex, affect performance.
- Optional garnishes enrich the dining experience, and choosing accessories, like window screens, handles and grilles, adds a bit of visual interest.
- Without accurate measurements, your cake won’t taste right or may crack or puff up in the center, ruining its appearance, as well as its taste. You can toss a dish that doesn’t turn out and start over, but building a replacement window that doesn’t fit the opening left when your existing windows are removed could mean spending hundreds of dollars modifying your home’s structure to get a good fit, and the hassle of finding a contractor with skills and expertise to do the job right.
Contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro for Help With Your Replacement Window Recipe
Over decades we have created a replacement window recipe for success. And, we found a desert recipe we think is sure to please everyone on your guest list, too. Learn more about Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro by filling in the short form on this page or calling 1-888-826-2451.
FREE RECIPE: Creamy, Delicious Holiday Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- additional vanilla wafers for crust
- 2 diced ripe bananas (medium)
- 1 mashed ripe banana (medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + the zest of one medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- Optional: whipped cream and/or crushed vanilla wafers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crushed vanilla wafers, chopped pecans, and melted butter. Press into bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Stand vanilla wafers around edge of pan, gently pressing into crust – rounded sides facing outward.
- Combine bananas (both diced and mashed), lemon juice and zest in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese using an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scrapping down sides of bowl after each addition. Incorporate well, but avoid over beating.
- Add vanilla and banana mixture, Stir until evenly mixed.
- Lightly sprinkle crust with nutmeg.
- Pour batter into spring-form pan on top of crust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until center is almost set. Jiggle the pan to check.
- Turn oven off, prop oven door open 5 – 6 inches and leave cheesecake in oven to cool for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake and cool on counter 30 minutes, the cook and refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and vanilla wafers, and enjoy!
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!