Spring is Coming! Dress Your New Replacement Window for the Occasion
Spring is on the way, and many of our Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro customers are longing for warmer days — and opening the house up to let the stale winter air escape. Some of you who installed replacement windows last fall may be thinking about refreshing your indoor decorating scheme as winter turns into spring.
Let’s face it, redecorating your home can cost a small fortune if you repaint, update the furnishings and bring in new window treatments three or four times a year. Good news! There are affordable replacement window treatment solutions that will help you dress your windows without busting the budget.
Here are a few wallet-friendly suggestions.
#1: Keep Window Treatments Simple
Sometimes you don’t need an elaborate makeover to make a bold statement. You don’t have to invest in custom-made drapes to dress your windows like a professional.
Choose off-the-shelf, curtains and shades made with lightweight fabrics and softer colors. Natural fibers add color and texture variations that enhance a simple decorating scheme.
#2: Dress Windows for the Street-Side View
Update your exterior with cheerful window boxes, faux shutters or hanging baskets that accentuate your replacement window features.
Keep these tips in mind as you plan your mini-makeover.
- Avoid drilling or nailing into window frames as this could negatively impact window performance, and you could void your warranty.
- Use caution when installing mounting hardware. Wear safety goggles and other gear to protect yourself while using drills, hammers, saws or other equipment.
- This is a great time to take down those Christmas lights that you have been meaning to store. Replace the light effects with solar accent lights that illuminate the areas near your windows and entrance doors.
#3: Take Your Window Designs Over-the-Top
If you have some basic do-it-yourself skills and the proper tools on hand, you can build a cornice board or sew a pretty valance with a small investment for supplies.
A quick Google search yields dozens of videos that show you how to cover a foam board with fabric as an inexpensive alternative to using hardwood. Foam is easier to cut, and you may be able to use a glue gun and skip the nails and screws altogether, if you don’t have a full tool box and the skills to go with it!
Keep these Tips In Mind as You Plan your Replacement Window Project
- Protect window components from glue and harsh adhesives.
- Set nails and screws in the wall, not on any part of your replacement window.
- Remember to update bay window seats with new pillows and throws to tie your decorating scheme together.
- Consider using back-lighting for added visual interest.
- Check out these articles about overcoming the challenges of dressing your specialty windows and planning the perfect window treatment project that will inspire you to get started now!
Dressing Your Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Windows Can Be Easy & Inexpensive
We know those of you who recently updated your home with Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York metro replacement windows will enjoy this spring without foggy windows and drafty corners. As you can see, updating window treatments doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. If you haven’t installed new windows in your home yet, and have questions about the replacement window journey, we invite you to fill in the short form on this page or give us a quick call at 1-888-826-2451 to schedule a free, no-obligation home consultation.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement WindowsClick Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!