Home design trends change all the time! Now that the new year is here, it’s time to start thinking about which design trends are transforming homes in your area.
If you’re planning a home remodel this year, it’s important to know about the current styles. If you’re not planning a remodel – maybe you should be! A new year means new beginnings – and that means a new opportunity to make your house the home you’ve been wanting.
Open Layouts Are Popular
If you watch any home improvement/design show on HGTV and you’ll know that “open concept” layouts are very popular in today’s homes. Many new-construction properties are built with an open layout that connects the dining room, living room and kitchen and most remodels are looking to remove walls between rooms to get the open concept.
These floor plans are popular because they create a sense of great space in the house and allow family members to spend more time together, even when they’re taking part in separate activities. Parents can be in the kitchen preparing a meal and keep an eye on the kids playing in the family room playing. Everyone is essentially enjoying the same space together. Even if your home was not initially built with an open layout, you can still create a sense of openness by removing non-load bearing walls. Consult with a contractor and engineer to ensure this work is done safely.
More Natural Lighting is an Emerging Trend
Natural lighting is good for the mind, body, spirit – and your utility bills. Modern homes rely heavily on natural lighting to keep their space well-lit and attractive. Today’s energy efficient windows enable more use of natural lighting without driving utility bills through the roof.
Find ways to emphasize your home’s natural lighting in 2022. The following tips can help:
- Replace dark curtains and blinds with sheers that provide privacy, but allow natural light into your house.
- Keep your windows clean and prune back any shrubs or trees to allow as much natural light into your home as possible.
- Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows, to ensure that the natural light you’re allowing into your home won’t heat your space.
- Replace small windows with larger, bay, bow or picture windows to bring more light into your home.
Brighten Your Home with Color, Color, Color
Neutral gray and beige were popular colors in homes for years, but that time has come to an end. Homeowners tired of living homes with boring walls are suddenly inspired to paint their walls in bright but soothing colors like blues and greens. In fact, this trend is reflected in the 2022 colors of the year for nearly every major paint company.
Ask yourself: what colors would you like to paint your walls in the coming year?
Natural Materials Are All the Rage in 2022
Natural materials like wood and stone are making an impression on homeowners who want to go back to basics and remember what matters to them. Stone can be found everywhere from the floors to the counters, back splashes and more. Wood can be found in the floors, furnishings and in the trim around the windows and doors.
Natural materials give the home an earthy quality that creates a sense of peace and contentment. Find ways to incorporate natural materials into your home to create a soothing space.
Embrace the Trends of the Coming Year & Bring in the Light with New Windows
Window frames made by Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro are made from a high tech composite wood material called Fibrex, and energy efficient glass to help you achieve your home design goals in 2022. Call 1-888-826-2451 or fill in the form on this page today to learn more.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!