So, you’re going to buy windows for your new home. You know there’s such a thing as bay windows and also bow windows, but you’re not clear on the difference between the two. Are they the same thing? If not, how are they different? Being able to pick out one from the other can help you identify and purchase a window that fits your needs and will be happy with for years to come.
What Is a Bay Window?
A bay window usually consists of three distinct sections: a picture window flanked by two windows on either side. Side windows may be fixed (like picture windows) or vented (windows that open and close). Vented windows are usually double hung or casement style.
Compared to bow windows, bay styles usually project farther into the yard, and often create a comfortable space for sitting. Bay windows can be accompanied by a window seat, a bench/storage area, or may add to the footprint of your home’s floor plan.
What Is a Bow Window?
Bow windows usually consist of four or five separate windows. Sometimes the windows are fixed, other times they’re vented. Because bow windows have more sections than bay windows, they have a nearly curved, semicircle-like shape. Usually bow windows don’t project as far into the yard as bow styles, and often, they do not make good window seats. They have a slim, slender profile that is both elegant and sophisticated.
Which Window Is Right For You?
Not sure which one to buy? Whether you choose a bay or bow style window, all Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro window frames are made from Fibrex, our exclusive material created from a combination of recycled wood and thermoplastic polymer. They’re twice as strong as vinyl and lower maintenance than wood.
In other words, any window style you select will be strong, long-lasting and energy efficient. When you’re buying windows for your home, shop by price and personal preference.
- Come see our bay and bow windows in our show room.
- Get quotes from your personal window consultant.
- View our catalog with images of bow and bay windows to help you make your decision.
Contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro to Get Started
Since 1903, Andersen has been a name associated with quality and craftsmanship. Our award-winning windows are recognized within the industry as being among the best windows that money can buy. To find out more about how you can purchase bay or bow style windows, contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro. Call our toll free number 1-888-826-2451 to make an appointment.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement WindowsClick Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!