You’ve probably seen sliding windows without giving them a second thought. Many people don’t know this, but sliding windows have many advantages. At Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro, we sell sliding windows with frames engineered from Fibrex, a mixture of wood fibers and resins. They’re durable, long-lasting and an outstanding window product for New Jersey homes. Before you choose the best replacement windows for your home, here’s what you need to know about sliding windows.
The Sliding / Gliding Window Profile
Sliding windows slide open and closed along a track, just like miniature sliding patio doors. The lock is positioned on the side of the forward window sash, in the middle where it is easy to reach. You can choose to have one sash slide, like a single hung window on its side, or both sashes slide, like a double hung window.
Why Sliding Windows?
Sliding windows have many advantages.
- Easy to open and close. Sliding windows do not need to be lifted like single or double-hung windows, nor do they have a crank to turn like casement windows, so they’re particularly easy to open and close.
- Fewer parts to maintain. These windows don’t have hidden springs or pulleys or gears like some other types of windows, so there are fewer parts to maintain. This simplicity ensures their longevity and durability.
- Long-lasting. Sliding windows can be longer-lasting than some other window types because of their simple design. While all Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro windows are protected by a 20-year warranty, sliding windows are especially durable.
- Perfect for aging in place seniors. Easy use and simple maintenance make these windows the perfect window type for seniors aging in place.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Sliding Windows?
Some windows made by Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro tilt inward, making it easy to clean the outside of the window from inside the house. Sliding windows do not do this, however, they can be simply lifted out of their tracks from inside to clean the outside. For small to average sized windows, this makes them simple to clean inside and out, but if you have particularly large sliding/gliding windows, the sashes can be heavy, so you may need help.
So, Are Sliding Windows Right for My Home?
Sliding windows are often found in ranch-style homes because they have a long profile that naturally mimics the long, low shape of ranch-style houses. You can install sliding windows anywhere, but they’re especially suited to these relatively modern homes.
We recommend matching the style of window to the style of the house. If you own a historic New Jersey home, talk to one of our window design consultants to find out whether sliding windows are the best option for you. We sell and install many window styles including bay and bow windows, double-hung, single-hung, casement and more.
Another way to decide whether sliding windows are right for your New Jersey house is to stop in at one of our showrooms to see examples of all our windows for yourself. By trying the mechanisms and examining each model, you can decide for yourself which window type is best.
Get Started Today with Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro Sliding Windows
Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro sliding windows are designed to be easy to use, long-lasting and beautiful. To install these windows in your home, call our toll-free number at 1-888-826-2451 or fill in the short form on this page to make an appointment.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!