Before you can replace the windows in your home, it’s important to choose the right replacement window installer. The right installer can make or break your replacement window project, and, as importantly, the wrong installer can ruin the project and even void your window warranty. Good installers have transparent billing practices, good customer service, skills to get the work done correctly, and an efficient scheduling process.
Remember, when you work with Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro, window installation is included in the cost of the purchase. Your installers have been vetted and trained by the company and know the intricacies of installing Renewal by Andersen windows and doors. Best of all, your window or patio door warranty covers installation and the window product itself. This makes the window purchase and installation simpler and streamlined, particularly in the unlikely event you should have an issue down the road. Here’s what you need to know when choosing the right installer for your replacement window project.
Meet Several Window Installers
If you choose a window dealer other than Renewal by Andersen, always meet with multiple installers when trying to choose the right professional for your window replacement project. Meeting with multiple companies gives you a chance to compare the options and pick the right installer for your needs. When meeting with professionals, ask them lots of questions and compare the following:
- Communication skills. Does the installer have good listening skills? Do they ask smart questions? Do they communicate ideas well?
- Professionalism. Did the installer show up on time to discuss your window replacement? Do they respond to your inquiries promptly when you leave messages?
- Comfort level. You should feel comfortable that the installer you plan to hire has integrity. This is a big investment, you need to choose an installer that you trust.
Read the Window Installation Contract Thoroughly
Your window replacement installer should provide you with a contract that establishes expectations. Read it thoroughly and don’t sign until you understand the terms of the contract. Ask questions about any parts of the contract that you find confusing or don’t understand.
Know the Warning Signs of a Bad Window Installer
Never sign a contract with a window installer that pressures you to make a decision on the spot, or with an installer that charges well below the other installers. If they’re undercutting the competition, ask yourself how they might be cutting corners.
Check the Window Installer’s References
Check references for any installer before hiring them. Ask questions of their former customers such as:
- When was the work done?
- Would you hire this installer again?
- Did your installer encounter any problems when performing the work? If so, how did they handle the problems?
- Were you overall happy with the work performed? If not, why not?
It’s best to check at least three references before hiring the window installer of your choice. If the installer doesn’t have any references to provide, this too is a red flag! Know when to walk away.
Need New Windows Installed In Your Home? Call Renewal by Andersen Today
Window installation is made easy when you work with the professionals from Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro. We provide the installers when you buy windows from us! Call 1-888-826-2451 or fill in the short form on this page today to make an appointment to discuss your upcoming window replacement and installation project.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!