Spring is in full bloom and summer is right around the corner! Have you completed your spring cleaning around your house to get ready for the warmer weather. At this time of year, we suggest that you tend to your windows and perform some regular maintenance. The following suggestions can help you make your windows more beautiful and functional as the weather warms up.
#1. Clean Your Windows: Frame & Glass
Clean your windows inside and out to let in the sunshine! If your home has multiple floors, we suggest hiring a window washing company to manage cleaning on those upper floors (unless your windows tilt inward for easy cleaning). If you’re considering a window replacement sometime this year, Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro’s double hung windows tilt inward to make cleaning simple and fast. Easy cleaning means that your window cleaning efforts will be fast and easy at this time of year.
#2. Inspect Your Windows
Inspect your windows for signs of damage and need for maintenance. Look for the following:
- Peeling or scratched paint around the frame. This is especially problematic if your window frames are made of wood.
- Water stains around the windows or the window sills. Water stains could be a sign that your windows are leaking, which could lead to wood rot, mildew and more.
- Broken glass. Broken windows can be dangerous. They’re also a security hazard! Have any broken window glass inspected by a professional and get it repaired as soon as possible.
#3. Inspect and Replace Window Weatherstripping
Did you feel drafts around your windows all winter long? This is a common problem with old, inefficient windows. If you’re noticing temperature fluctuations in rooms with lots of windows, this could mean that you need to install or replace the weatherstripping, or worse.
Alternatively, you can also replace your old windows with ultra energy-efficient windows made by Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro. If you’ve got room in your budget and you’re looking for a high-value home improvement project this year, consider installing our award-winning windows with low-e4 glass.
#4. Protect Your Windows from Birds
In spring and summer, young birds hatch, grow and eventually take flight – and sometimes they’ll fly straight into your windows! If you’ve noticed a lot of bird nests in your yard, or if you’ve recently hung a lot of bird feeders on your property, your large picture windows could become a hazard for birds. Use removable decals to decorate your windows and make them more obvious to birds.
Considering Window Replacement? Contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro
Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro’s windows are made from high-performance energy-efficient glass with frames made of Fibrex, a composite wood product that is ultra-durable and long-lasting. To find out more about how our products can transform your home, contact Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro. Use the toll free number 1-888-826-2451 to make an appointment for a consultation or fill out the short form on this page and we’ll get right back to you.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement Windows Click Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!