Replacement window and patio door customers in New Jersey & New York Metro are savvy, well-informed consumers. Most of the time when we meet a new area resident looking for information about upgrading their homes with replacement windows and patio doors, they have already done extensive online research, read peer reviews and talked to their friends about brands and performance. Despite all their research, however, one thing that many people don’t consider during the initial research phase is hardware.
Let’s talk about hardware and hinges for bit.
Why Does Replacement Window Hardware Matter?
1. Hinges support the weight of your window sections that open and close, but they do more than just hang there. Beyond enabling you to simply open and close your windows, certain hinge types allow you to open a window wider than normal to avoid brick work or molding. Some concealed hinges allow you to access exterior window surfaces from inside for cleaning and polishing. There are even hinges that allow window sections to pivot 360 degrees.
It’s important to discuss window operation and hinges with your replacement window specialists. Let us know how you plan to use each window. For example, every room should have an egress window to serve as an emergency exit in the event a fire breaks out or another dangerous situation arises. The window styles you choose and the hinges supporting those styles are important throughout your home, but more essential for special circumstance like emergency egress.
Hinges also allow you to design your French-style patio doors for either outswing operation or opt for a traditional swing-in motion.
2. Some window styles have more prominent hardware elements than others. For example, casement window levers that enable multi-point locking systems that improve security and are highly effective for blocking moisture and air infiltration are noticeable from almost every angle in your rooms. If you install casement windows, you’ll want to carefully consider finishes and colors depending on whether you want your hardware to blend into the overall window design or be highlighted.
Speaking of casement windows, did you know it is possible in some settings to decide whether you want your windows hinged on the left or right side? This option gives you more design possibilities like positioning two casements beside each other where one opens from the left and the other from the right. This configuration allows you to capture maximum ventilation during cool summer nights when you want to turn off the air conditioner and on those moderate days when you want to air out your home after a gentle rain shower.
3. Color and finishes allow you to draw the eye toward your windows and replacement patio doors. If you prefer, you can also choose a more subtle, barely noticeable design that enhances the overall presentation without it being obvious. Our visualization app lets you snap pictures of your home and compare various styles and finishes so you can see for yourself what a huge difference the little details make.
You may have never thought about how important hinges, locks, operational levers and handles are, but they impact ease of operation, convenience, energy-efficiency, air and moisture infiltration and the overall appearance of your home. In the grand scheme of things, they may seem like little details, but paying attention to the little things during the design phase helps ensure you’ll be satisfied with your windows and doors once they are installed in your home.
Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro: Focusing on the Little Details
Naturally, we want all of our replacement window and patio door customers in New Jersey and New York to have all the information they need to make informed decisions about their replacement window investment. During our no-obligation home consultation we discuss energy-efficiency ratings, best-fit glazing options for every window based on lot orientation and sun exposure and our extensive color combinations. But, we also help you consider the little details like custom grille patterns and hardware that help you create comfortable, beautiful spaces.
Need more information about Renewal by Andersen replacement windows and patio doors? We’re here to help. Just give us a quick call at 1-888-826-2451 or fill in the short form on this page for more information.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!