- Economics. How will my new home improvement products impact my personal economics? Are there independent studies that support claims about energy savings or efficiency ratings? Industry standards include performance ratings from the National Fenestration Rating Council and ENERGY STAR. Both organizations use rigorous guidelines to rate total window performance based a number of factors. The NFRC provides ratings for condensation resistance, U-Factor, heat transmission and visible light transfer.
- Resale Value. Will these replacement windows impact home resale values?
- Incentives. Are there any incentives available? This includes local, state and federal incentives, as well as discounts, rebates or financing programs offered by local utility companies and the replacement window dealer to offset the financial investment.
- Warranty. Is there a long-term warranty package? If so, ask for coverage details and an explanation of the claim filing process.
- Installation. Who installs the home improvement products? What happens if there’s a problem during installation? Only approved, factory-trained technicians install Renewal by Andersen home improvement products. This solution affords our customers full warranty protection, including coverage for installation, parts and labor.
- Maintenance. What type of maintenance regimen is required to keep sash, frames, glazing, hardware and accessories in excellent condition? Do you need special tools or solutions for cleaning?
- Painting/Staining. Can surfaces be painted or stained to accommodate changes in decorating preferences?
- Condensation. How does window design impact condensation potential? Condensation isn’t only annoying, but may cause mold and mildew damage to wood frames and trigger allergies for some family members.
- Heat Transfer Resistance. Which design features reduce heat transfer most effectively? Frames? Glazing? Both?
- Reviews. Are reviews or recommendations from past customers available?
- Safety & Security. Is safety and security important to the manufacturer? Look for solutions like latches and locks that are easily accessed from inside, but not easily seen from outside of the home. Recessed locks make it more difficult for intruders to gain access. What about window guards to protect young children from opening windows wide enough to slip through?
- Noise. What options are available to control/reduce ambient noise?
- Customization. Can I customize my windows for added privacy, extra security and personal decorating preferences?
- Environmental Control. Can I control my indoor environment? What products control visible light transfer? How can I protect valuable artwork or upholstery?
- Styles. Are different window styles better for different rooms and settings?
NOTE: Every window selection deserves careful style considerations. Building codes and HOA standards require operable windows that allow egress and ventilation, but styles also impact comfort and functionality. For example, casement windows maximize ventilation and provide superior protection against air leaks with compression seals, but awning windows allow airflow during times of precipitation. Operable windows on opposite walls enable cross-circulation. Choosing windows that fit your lifestyle is as important as choosing ENERGY STAR labeled replacement windows designed for maximum energy efficiency.
Have More Questions? Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Window Solutions Has the Answers
The above list is your starting point. Naturally, we didn’t cover every question you may have. You’ll likely want to know exactly what each window will cost, how long it takes to build and deliver your windows, what to expect during installation and a few other details about color choices and accessories. Our primary goal is to provide you with honest answers to your questions, whether it is a question about choosing windows to showcase a spectacular view or selecting the best windows for your nursery.
It would be a pleasure to talk to you about our portfolio of replacement window and patio door home improvement products designed and custom-built to endure extreme weather conditions without losing their new-from-the-factory beauty or developing unsightly signs of aging like peeling, flaking or warping.
Just fill in the short form on this page, or give us a call at 1-888-826-2451 to schedule a no-obligation, in-home consultation.
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement Windows
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!