Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro replacement window designers are committed to upholding rigorous “green standards” from material sourcing to manufacturing and installation processes.
We are continuously looking for new ways to enhance energy efficiency and protect our planet for future generations and believe replacement windows are better for the environment than legacy home windows and today’s custom-built wood windows.
Why Are Fibrex Replacement Windows Superior to Wood Windows?
We recommend our patented Fibrex replacement window frames for a host of reasons, including:
- We use reclaimed wood and vinyl to create a high-insulating, durable composite, which means fewer trees are harvested.
- While wood requires resurfacing and painting periodically, Fibrex colors are baked in during the manufacturing process, and never fade, chip or flake. This means no harmful chemicals (think, strippers, primers, paints, sealants, etc.) are released into the air to keep our replacement windows looking beautiful and performing as designed for as long as you own your home.
- Because they are designed to keep performing for decades, replacing Renewal by Andersen replacement windows is very rare, meaning Fibrex replacement windows don’t end up in the landfill because they failed to perform up to customer expectations.
Other Environmental Benefits of Replacement Windows
Modern manufacturing techniques and innovative materials allow Renewal by Andersen windows to build replacement windows that reduce energy consumption dramatically compared to single-pane windows in wood frames.
By improving construction materials’ insulating properties and using gas-between-the-glass to further enhance energy efficiency, today we offer a full line of fixed and operable windows that help homeowners use less energy heating and cooling their homes, which means lower carbon emissions without compromising your comfort.
New designs enable homeowners to take advantage of natural ventilation which minimizes mold colony growth and improves indoor air quality.
Tilt-to-clean double-hung windows, lift-out sliders and casement windows that crank fully open all come with glass solutions designed and built for chemical-free cleaning. All that’s needed is a mild, non-abrasive soap, water and lint-free cloths. A soft brush is recommended for TruScene insect screens. No harmful fumes to foul the air. Some people prefer to use a squeegee, but that definitely isn’t a requirement for crystal-clear views.
As a bonus, factory applied glass coating technology virtually eliminates water spots when activated by direct sunlight, so homeowners don’t have to spend extra human energy either.
A ‘Cradle to Grave’ Brand Commitment
Renewal by Andersen’s Energy Star certified windows have a well-established “cradle to grave” policy to sell replacement windows that not only don’t harm the environment, but work hard to protect our natural resources. This means that every aspect of designing, building, installing, servicing and retiring a line of replacement products is examined to ensure best-practices are being used. For example, when our fully trained installers remove existing home windows, they take care of disposal and cleanup. Homeowners don’t have to hire a roll-off and pay landfill charges.
A company focused on green principles:
- Uses smart materials, including recycled materials, in the construction process
- Builds energy-efficient products designed for longevity – less waste, longer service
- Trains installers to minimize impact on landscaping and natural surroundings
- Renews and rehabilitates existing housing, reducing natural resource depletion
- Follows strict standards established by researchers and environmental scientists
You Can Trust the Leader in Home Windows for Over 100 Years
For more than 100 years, our parent company, the Andersen Corporation, has been a leader in the home window market. Today, Renewal by Andersen of New Jersey and New York Metro continues the tradition. Fill in the short form on this page, or call 1-88
Download our Free Guide to New Jersey & New York Metro Replacement WindowsLearn Everything You Need to Know BEFORE Buying Replacement WindowsClick Here to Download Now!
- The Difference Between Replacement and New Construction Windows!
- The Different Kinds of Frame Materials and What That Means to Your Windows’ Performance and Longevity!
- How the Right Glass Can Save You Money on Your Heating & Cooling Bills!
- The Critical Role Proper Installation Plays in the Performance, Durability and Warranty of Your New Replacement Windows!
- What Features and Options are Important to You and What Role They Play in Your Ultimate Satisfaction Today, and for as Long As You Live in Your Home!